Sam is in prison now. Federal prison where criminals live. Supposed criminals.
Now that Sam is there — in Federal Prison where the U.S. Just Us system puts murderers and rapists and child molesters — I wonder how many real criminals we have amongst the hundreds of thousands incarcerated? But that’s for another day.
Here’s the Amish Sam update, including where he is housed and how to write to him.
Sam lost his appeal. He did not have competent representation or advice.
Please keep sharing the petition bit.ly/freeamishsam
Sam’s Mailing Address
- Inmate Location: bop.gov/inmateloc/ You’ll find links on the right sidebar for details on sending mail, money, etc. (see photo above)
- Sam’s home for the next 5 years: bop.gov/locations/institutions/lor/
- INFO: bop.gov/locations/institutions/caa/ Scroll down for “How to send things” sections
- Mail inspections bop.gov/inmates/communications.jsp#mail
Sam’s home address
You can write to the family here:
409 Satterfield Lane
Owingsville, KY 40360
Sam’s Family May Not be Allowed to Visit EVER
UPDATE: Sam’s family was finally allowed to visit. This cruelty went on for only a short time.
Well, I HOPE YOU ARE SITTING DOWN. Inmate visitors have to have photo ID to get into a prison. Of course, none of Amish Sam’s family have photo ID and won’t be getting any due to religious reasons.
So, in a burst of compassion or something, the officials at Loretto prison said for Sam’s kids to send in birth certificates and SS cards, that the prison board would consider allowing this in lieu of photo ID.
Sam was SO EXCITED. The family was set to leave for PA today or tomorrow.
Then, in a burst of insane cruelty, the prison board decided against! Sam’s family won’t be allowed to visit without photo id. (The same rule was in place in the Lexington prison but they allowed Sam’s family to visit anyway.)
So it’s looking like Sam and his family won’t see each other for 6 yrs? Could this be true in America? I don’t have to describe what this has done for Sam’s morale.
Details about AMISH SAM’S SENTENCE
Sam got 60 months for all counts to be served concurrently except for Count 13 which was for “being a fugitive”: he didn’t show up for a hearing because he didn’t think he had to… So the judge tacked on 12 months for that non-crime to be served consecutively, just to be sure Sam got 6 years.
- Counts 1 & 2 are for refusing the search and supposedly threatening the 2 armed FDA agents.
- Counts 3-11 are for selling “drugs” across state lines.
- Count 12 is for witness tampering.
- Count 13 for missing the hearing.