“He who controls the food, controls the people…”
— Henry Kissinger
Farm Food Freedom KY is a grass-roots coalition of farmers and friends uniting to promote farm food freedom for each of us. We have joined together because:
- KY has lost 80% of its dairy farms over the last two decades, 20% of its non-dairy farms. There is no food crisis: there is a farm crisis.
- The rash of armed federal agents storming private property gives us pause. It does not give them pause and we aim to change that.
- Legislators and regulators have forgotten that what is not illegal is legal. Americans do not need laws giving us permission to do what our ancestors have always done.
- Federal agencies like the FDA and USDA have been working outside our established system of checks and balances to our farmers’ detriment, using violence and force “for our own good”. These agencies have influenced our State legislature for the worse, and are threatening to close the pathways between local farmers and local dinner tables.
- We are endowed by our Creator with unalienable rights, including ownership of our bodies and the right to decide what we grow, buy, eat, and drink. Under the guise of food safety, legislation and burdensome regulations have snowballed. The result has been to limit the rights of small farmers and local consumers, while laying out the red carpet for mega-corporations and industrialized food and farms.
“Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force.”
— George Washington
The proliferation of pre-crime laws and crippling regulation must stop. Rather than protect us, they make criminals of farmers and consumers alike, citizens who have the right to privately contract with one another, citizens who hurt no one.
In recent years, private property — farm machinery, processing equipment, healthy animals, food — has been seized in an effort to stop the local food movement. FFFKy.org aims to preempt this assault in our beloved Commonwealth by educating our fellow citizens, county sheriffs and legislators. Legislators who cannot be educated will be replaced.*
It’s a simple message: don’t mess with our food.
Please join us for a return to sanity, to the freedom to grow and eat the foods we believe nourish us. As history has proven time and again, we can do together what we cannot do alone.
*These 2012 candidates have all signed the Farm Food Freedom Pledge. If you like choosing what you eat, vote for them.